Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Lukee

          Happy Birthday my little Lukee.......
oooops and Babcia too



Okay this is bad...but not really bad.

I wanted a birthday cupcake so I could SKYPE Lukee with and blow out the candles on his very special day .  But I was too tired to go to the grocery store and buy just one cupcake.  Then I remembered......and this is the really bad part..........

On December 23rd, 2010,  Brandy made some chocolate peppermint cupcakes at my house before I came home from work.  When I got home I was too sick to eat anything and so didn't have one.  The cupcakes were on the counter and the evening passed and nobody had eaten a cupcake.  Next morning they were still sitting there. I guess too many chocolates and Xmas goodies and there just wasn't time to eat everything.  So I put the cupcakes into a cupcake carrier and put them in my attached garage where it was freezing cold. I didn't want the cupcakes drying out before we ate them.  Well as it turned out....nobody ate them....forgot about them, I guess.....and they stayed in the garage.  After being sick for so long, I never went out to the garage to empty the carrier, even though I look at them everyday as I leave in  my car and come back in my car........I look at them with guilt.....that they were so delicious looking and nobody had one.

Well here it is February 2nd, 2011....and they are still in the garage frozen and just as scrumptious looking as the day they were baked. .....right down to the shaved chocolate on the icing.

 So I just plucked one out, stuck a candle in it and sang my Happy Birthday on SKYPE to Lukee.  So these were not baked for nothing.....

I sure wish I could eat mine...but even tho' they are pretty frozen....I think I'll just imagine I ate one. 

                             The end of my sad cupcake story

1 comment:

  1. Those did look so good - i don't know why we didn't eatbthem - there was just too much food! What a great story ! The irony is that I asked where you got the cupcakes and little did I know that I made them!

    ReplyDelete